We are currently taking bookings for the following Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) courses and one-day 'Introduction to Mindfulness' workshops. These will be held at The Old School, Cuckfield, near Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
Morning Mindfulness Courses:
- For 9-weekly sessions from Wednesday 11th May 2016, 10am-12pm taught by Ed Halliwell (The course includes a six-hour day retreat on Sunday 26th June). (2 places left) Find out more.
- For 9-weekly sessions from Wednesday 28th September 2016, 10am-12pm taught by Ed Halliwell (The course includes a six-hour day retreat on Sunday 13th November). Find out more.
Evening Mindfulness Courses:
- For 9-weekly sessions from Wednesday 11th May 2016, 7.30pm-9.30pm taught by Ed Halliwell (The course includes a six-hour day retreat on Sunday 26th June). (3 places left) Find out more.
- For 9-weekly sessions from Wednesday 28th September 2016, 7.30pm-9.30pm taught by Ed Halliwell (The course includes a six-hour day retreat on Sunday 13th November). Find out more.
One-Day 'Introduction To Mindfulness' Workshops
This one-day workshop is ideal if you are curious about mindfulness or are considering taking a mindfulness course. Led by Ed Halliwell, in Cuckfield, West Sussex, the workshop introduces participants to the key principles of living mindfully and offers some core practices to help cultivate mindfulness in daily life. Tea, coffee, refreshments and a light vegetarian lunch supplied by The Sussex Produce Company are included. The workshop costs £75 and an 'early bird rate' of £65 is available on our July 2016 workshop.
- Thursday 28th April 2016, 10am-5pm. Fully Booked. Please do join the waiting list spaces sometimes become available near to the date.
- Sunday 5th June 2016, 10am-5pm. Find out more.
- Friday 1st July 2016, 10am-5pm. Find out more. (early bird rate available)
What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is a programme for reducing stress that has been widely approved by the international healthcare community. The course we teach is based on the MBSR course developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center in the USA, and the Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) course developed by Zindel Segal, Mark Williams and John Teasdale at the Universities of Cambridge and Toronto. The two approaches are very closely related.
Rooted in ancient traditions of meditation, MBSR teaches simple ways to cultivate awareness and relate to thoughts and feelings more effectively, and has been used for over thirty years to help with stress and anxiety, chronic health problems, and general well-being. Clinical research has consistently shown that mindfulness is helpful for working with a wide range of conditions, as well as for optimising well-being. The MBCT course is recommended by the National Institute For Clinical Excellence for use in the NHS.
Who Teaches our Courses / Workshops?
Our mindfulness courses and 'Introduction to Mindfulness' workshops are taught by Ed Halliwell. Ed is the author of three books: Mindfulness: How To Live Well By Paying Attention, Into The Heart of Mindfulness and (as co-author) The Mindful Manifesto. As well as teaching mindfulness workshops, courses and retreats to public groups and in organisations, he is an advisor to The Mindfulness Initiative, which is supporting the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Mindfulness to develop mindfulness-based policies for the UK, and a faculty member of The School of Life in London. Find out more about Ed.
Watch a video of Ed Halliwell talking about mindfulness for the Mental Health Foundation's 'Be Mindful' campaign.
Watch a video of Professor Mark Williams from Oxford University talk about mindfulness and stress reduction for the Mental Health Foundation's 'Be Mindful' campaign.
To keep in touch with our courses and events, you can sign up to our newsletter here.