We are currently taking bookings for the following Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) courses and one-day 'Introduction to Mindfulness' workshops. These will be held at The Old School, Cuckfield, near Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
One-Day 'Introduction To Mindfulness' Workshops.
- Saturday 11th January 2014, 10am-5pm. Fully booked. Contact us to join the waiting list..
- Saturday 22nd February 2014, 10am-5pm. Find out more.
- Friday 11th April 2014, 10am-5pm. Find out more.
- Friday 23rd May 2014, 10am-5pm. Find out more.
- Sunday 1st June 2014, 10am-5pm. Find out more.
- Saturday 12th July 2014, 10am-5pm. Find out more.
Morning Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Course
- For 9 weeks, from Wednesday 29th January 2014, 9.45am-12.00pm. The first week is an orientation session. The course also includes a day retreat on Sunday 16th March. (1 place left). Find out more.
Evening Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Course
- For 9 weeks, from Wednesday 29th January 2014, 7.30-9.45pm. The first week is an orientation session. The course also includes a day retreat on Sunday 16th March. (2 places left). Find out more.
Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is a programme for reducing stress that has been widely approved by the international healthcare community. The course we teach is based on the MBSR course developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center in the USA, and the Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) course developed by Zindel Segal, Mark Williams and John Teasdale at the Universities of Cambridge and Toronto. The two approaches are very closely related.
Rooted in ancient traditions of meditation, MBSR teaches simple ways to cultivate awareness and relate to thoughts and feelings more effectively, and has been used for over thirty years to help with stress and anxiety, chronic health problems, and general well-being. Clinical research has consistently shown that mindfulness is helpful for working with a wide range of conditions, as well as for optimising well-being. The MBCT course is recommended by the National Institute For Clinical Excellence for use in the NHS.
Our MBSR courses and 'Introduction to Mindfulness' workshops are taught by Ed Halliwell, unless otherwise stated on our booking page. Ed is co-author of The Mindful Manifesto: How Doing Less and Noticing More Can Help Us Thrive In A Stressed Out World and author of the Mental Health Foundation's Be Mindful Report. Ed also writes regularly for The Guardian and other publications on meditation and well-being. Find out more about Ed.
To keep in touch with our courses and events, you can sign up to our newsletter here.